For, During. When or While - Which is correct in the following sentences?
Questions: (Note your answers to compare at
- The theft happened sometime during a period of three
weeks ________ the house was unnoccupied.
- A good pickpocket will put his hand in your pocket ________ only
a second or two.
- Biggs, the most famous of the " Great
Train Robbers " has
been in Brazil ________ about 20 years now
- More than £1m was embezzled ________ the 5 years the crooked accountant worked for the company.
- He was sent to prison for 5 years but while he was there he learned a
lot more about house-breaking.
- My car was robbed during the afternoon. I only left it ________
10 minutes. They stole my radio and a briefcase.
- House robbery is called "burglary" if it is done ________ the night.
- ________ the hold
up one of the gangsters shot a bank clerk.
- A couple of joyriders stole my car. They only kept if ________ an hour.
Then they dumped it in a field.
- The poachers waited in silence ________ an hour to be sure
the bailiff wasnt
- Poachers, working ________ the night took 500 salmon.
- Most companies lose a lot of small items
like stationary ________ working hours through
- House-breakers are very active ________ the summer -
- Im sure our accountant has been on
the fiddle ________ years.
- I think hes been fiddling the books ________ the boss has been away.
- Shop-lifting has been
a problem ________ years - ever since self-service was
- TV cameras watched ________ the shoplifter moved from department to department.
- The store detective only approached the shoplifter ________ he had left the shop.
- Shop-lifting increased
________ the shop cameras were out of action
- ________ self-service was introduced, shoplifting increased.
- Someone got in the house ________ we were
away. They vandalised the living room. Everything was broken.
- In one of our branches shoplifting accounts for 5% of turnover, 6% ________ the
here to see answers